Tuesday 2 June 2009

The End

So I have reached the end of my gap year.
I feel like I´m dragging the part of me that has grown in India to its death.
During my last few hours in Delhi I couldn´t really believe this place and the fact that I was not going to be a part of it any more. But the world is a big place and you can´t live everywhere.
To remind myself of this year...

It started off with monks, in a monastery, in rural paradise Puruwala,
got to know the Tibetans, taught their kids, really miss their kids now.
went to Nepal, had a mental time in the hills.

had a Christmas and new year away from home, in Daramsala and Goa.

Headed off to the desert to teach at BRCM public school. Got my teacher skills stretched to the limit.
Had a bit of fun with horses and Hindi songs. 
Hopped over to Sri Lanka. Did a bit of lonely travel. Saw some of the stuff I´d never thought I would.
Back to the Indian kids and their shananagins.
A little jaunt in Rajasthan and a cricket match.

Went off on a big U shape route of the country.
Goa, Kerala, Madras, Varanasi, Nainital, Rihikesh. Lots and lots of stuff went along with it.

So it´s complete now and I´m coming back home.
I have been away a long time.
 

 

1 comment:

Becky Wood said...

It's quite hard to believe that's a year up already! Looking forward to you coming back though - we've already reserved several slots in sunday services to hear all about it - I'm sure you're looking forward to that - mwah ha ha ha!!